Vermont Bike Accident Lawyer
Pedestrians and cyclists can suffer some of the most severe injuries on the road. Even when following traffic laws and taking necessary precaution, riders and pedestrians are susceptible to the recklessness of drivers on the road. If you or someone you love has been injured, it is important to work with an experienced attorney who can protect your rights and recover the compensation you need and deserve.
All victims have the right to fight back. Let us give you the voice you need. Call 802-888-7707 or contact us by e-mail for a free consultation with a Vermont bike accident lawyer.
Strategic Advocacy to Protect Your Rights
At Polow Polow & Mahoney, PLLC, our attorneys represent pedestrians, bikers, cyclists, skaters and other victims of injury on the road. We will take a strategic approach to investigate the cause of the accident, determine liability and pursue your case to maximize your recovery for medical expenses, pain and suffering, long-term care needs, lost wages and any other personal losses you may have suffered.
We have handled cases involving negligent drivers, construction defects, improper signage, road obstacles or failed maintenance. You may be able to collect damages from a municipality, reckless driver, their insurance carrier or your own.
Our Vermont bike accident lawyers handle cases involving injury, such as:
- Cuts and lacerations
- Bruises, internal bleeding, deep tissue damage
- Head injuries, including TBI (traumatic brain injury)
- Broken bones
- Torn ACL and other knee injuries
- Scarring, disfigurement or facial damage
- Wrongful death
Liability in Bike Accident Cases
If you were involved in an accident, you may wonder, "Can I recover if it was partly my fault?" or "Is a driver liable for my injuries if I was on the wrong side of the road?" Every accident case is different. Common types of collisions that a cyclist may be injured include:
- A motor vehicle driver turning directly in front of the bicyclist;
- An automobile driver entering the street from a driveway or parking spot and pulling out into traffic in front of the bicyclist;
- A motorist's failure to yield at an intersection or running a stop sign or red light;
- A vehicle driver's inattention while driving past the bicyclist;
- An automobile driver's failure to look both ways when resuming traveling after stopping at a stop sign; and
- A vehicle driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
It is important to remember that you always have rights. Even if you were at fault, there may be other sources of recovery, including your own insurance carrier to cover your expenses. Our Vermont bike accident lawyers will sit down with you to review the facts, identify your options and pursue every available source of recovery on your behalf.
For more information about our services or to speak directly with a Hyde Park, VT pedestrian injury attorney, please call 802-888-7707 or contact our firm by e-mail.
Free consultations · Flexible appointment schedules · Located conveniently across from Lamoille County Sheriff's Department and the Lamoille County Courthouse in the center of Hyde Park Village.